This weekend I was able to combine the power of two 320W pallets using ring hybrid couplers (rat races) for an output of around 600W. The strength of my own CW echoes improved dramatically. The setup above still needs cleanup, and I may end up placing it at the base of the antenna to reduce cable losses. On the meantime however, my system is ready for CW QSOs.
Conditions were good today, and there were quite a few stations calling CQ off the Moon. Unfortunately, I realized how rusty my code has become, and cheating by using decoding software does not help at these signal levels, so I decided to hold off on answering until I get my code back up to speed.
I also started playing with JT65. I can decode straight from both the IC-9700 and the AOR AR5000/SDR14. Next weekend I’ll build a circuit so that the computer can trigger the PA sequencer to be able to TX JT65C.